TOYOTA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2018

10:01 PM



It was the very first time Toyota held a Music Festival last July 28 at Filinvest grounds as they launch the all new Vios 2019 not only for car enthusiasts but for OPM lovers out there!

Rain really can't stop us to witness this hottest and best Music Festival ever! As an OPM bands fan, this really the most-awaited event! We had a nostalgic feeling as we listened to this 14 legendary mainstream and indie bands!



Starting the drill by The Ransom Collective. A filipino indie folk band that started last 2014. You'll surely love how joyful they are. ♥ ( btw, I love their songs entitled "settled")

Followed by "sobrang sakit" band December Ave. All their songs really touches everyone's heart. Ang sakit besh! We requested them to play their new single "Kung di rin lang ikaw ft. Moira" but they refused to because they want to perform it with Moira. You can check their video performances here.

Next was the new yet one of the mainstream bands nowadays, Ben&Ben ♥ Ohh I really love their songs. Starting with their Christmas in July song: bibingka, and ended their songs by their most famous "Kathang isip" You can watch their performances here.

The crowd's favorite! IV OF SPADES. This is one of my favorite bands by the way. huhuh I was so starstruck by them. Ang gagaling nila sobra. No wonder why they're on top now. (tho their vocalist, left them -_-) They started with their new released music video "In my Prison" (my gosh ang galing ni zild!) , Ilaw sa daan, Hey barbara, Mundo, Where have you been my Disco. Here, we just knew that blaster is a good singer too. (pwede ng maging vocals talaga) You can watch their performances here.

OOOPPSS... kaya nyo pa?

Let's go back to the past! It's cueshe!! Glad to see them performing again! They sang Stay, Sorry, Ulan (when it literally rained.) You can watch their performances here 

Another set of music that 90's kids will relate was brought by Rivermaya. Ira Cruz ( a former member of Bamboo ) joined this set and performed "Noypi" that was originally performed by Bamboo. You can watch their performances here 

We went quite emotional when we got serenaded by Silent Sanctuary.  You can watch their performances here 


Hmmm so BREAK TIME!! Coz we were so hot in seeing our favorite bands live, they stopped it for a while and introduced the highlight of the show the  "all new vios"! With these artists: Sofia Andres, Sam Milby, Chie Filomeno, Diego Loyzaga, Troy Montero and Fabio Ide 

Continuing, 6cyclemind hit on stage with Banda ni Kleggy lead vocal Kleggy Abaya and Herbert Hernandez of Moonstar 88. You can watch their performances here.

Followed by the Callalily. (First time I watched them) with their new lead guitarist member and introducing their new single "Ex" You can watch their performances here 

And of course, we know this man! And his band! Spongecola! We really had fun watching him go around just to reach all his fans. We love you Yael! You can watch their performances here.

Hale!!! Performed their new single "My Beating Heart" You can watch their performances here 



Feeling nostalgic with Ebe Dancel ♥ You can watch their performances here 

The most-awaited! Parokya ni Edgar. The crowd went wild while they're performing and ended their performance by inviting 2 people to join them in their song "Bagsakan" You can watch their performances here.

And lastly the legendary ELY BUENDIA!  I actually got stunned when I saw him in his new hair style. I kept on saying "wow wow wow" Time flies but his songs still remains in each of us! ohh How I love OPM so much. You can watch their performances here


Ohh did I mention that it is free? Yes it is! And I want to thank Toyota for bringing up this free event and for supporting Filipino Music! 90's kid like me surely relate in this event.

Tho, yes it's free. But I honestly bought my ticket for Php1,000. Someone sold it coz she will not be able to come. Conflict sched I think. Well thank you for that conflict sched . 

Some says that 1k is quite high knowing that it's a free concert. But what can I do? I really want to witness the event! And all I can say is THIS WAS ALL WORTH IT!

Worth the wait! worth the more than 13hours of standing. Getting wet in the rain!
I actually cried during their performances. Sobrang solid pre!

If there's a chance where/when you can withness your idols live, go there dude! You'll surely have no regrets on it! seeing them performing live is surreal. This is an irreplaceble experience that even youtube and spotify cannot give to us.


Sharing to you videos taken at Toyota Music Fest click here
Have you been here too? tell me your thoughts.

'till next gigs ♥


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram